I spent nearly two hours working on the kitchen faucet this afternoon. By the time I was finished, I had used nearly every tool I own (except my hammers, and there were definitely times where I was very close to calling in those) and nearly every bit of plumbing language I know (using some bits multiple times, including using some as both adjectives and nouns in the same sentence, although almost all of this was in my “inside” voice).
By the time I was finished, I had disassembled and reassembled said faucet no fewer than three times. When I was finished, the faucet worked.
I decided a beverage was in order.