Prompted by an external nudge, I’ve started working on folding support for dealing with the Komodo v10+ UI into my Komodo color schemes.
Prompted by an external nudge, I’ve started working on folding support for dealing with the Komodo v10+ UI into my Komodo color schemes. First up is Solaron-Light, based in part on the nudge and because I use it as my primary scheme. Current implementation is pictured below, although it is likely to get a bit of tuning as I work on its dark counterpart.
Things on the Komodo-CFML front have been pretty quiet here of late, but that’s not because nothing has been going on. I threw everything out and started over, and I’m now close to having a completely rebuilt version ready to release.
Things on the Komodo-CFML front have been pretty quiet here of late, but that’s not because nothing has been going on. Several months ago, as I wrestled with some odd behavior I was seeing with the extension under then-new Komodo v9, I came to the conclusion that there were a couple of fundamental problems with the approach I had taken in tokenizing CFML (used in Komodo to provide syntax colorizing). Furthermore, that approach appeared to make it nearly impossible to do much in terms of any sort of code intelligence-type help.
So… I started over. Completely. Threw everything out and started from the ground up, building an entirely new version of the extension. (Actually, I started over three times, trying to make sure I had a better approach.) At one point, I got stuck waiting for resolution of a bug relating to how Komodo creates the skeletons of extensions.
At this point, I am very close to having this completely-rebuilt version ready to release (probably as a v0.2.5). I’ve tried to make sure it provides everything the current v0.2.4 does in terms of syntax highlighting, but it also has a couple additions:
completely reworked DTDs for CFML + HTML5 (for both CFML v10 and v11), with content models that provide better and more consistent access to CFML tag and attribute completion
CFML language keyword, scope, and function name completion (this is what I started working on and ended up heading down the rabbit-hole that led me to scrap everything and start over)
macros for CFML help for the word under the current caret position and for CFML comment/uncomment region that work in a manner consistent with Komodo’s built-in comment/uncomment region (more on this at some later date)
So… I’m close. Close enough that I have been using this new (still evolving) version for my daily development work for several weeks. I’m waiting for one additional Komodo bug to be resolved (hoping it will be included in Komodo v9.3, which is in the nightly-build prerelease stage at this point). I will post something here when I release it, as well as making it available through the Komodo packages repository.
I finally got around to putting the Komodo color schemes I’ve developed and tweaked over the past couple years on GitHub.
I finally got around to putting the Komodo color schemes I’ve developed and tweaked over the past couple years on GitHub. They’ve each been updated a bit to take advantage of some of the new capabilities in Komodo v9, to be more consistent internally and with each other, and to cover an additional language or two (e.g., Markdown).
Version 0.2.4 of my language extension supporting CFML for ActiveState’s Komodo IDE/Edit is now available.
Version 0.2.4 of my language extension supporting CFML for ActiveState’s Komodo IDE/Edit is now available. This update represents a minor bump in the version number but also represents more work behind the scenes than any update in recent memory, as all of the plumbing in the extension has been replaced so that it will work with the forthcoming Komodo v9 releases while still working with Komodo v8.x in addition to the changes below.
A Quick Summary of Changes
In addition to the rework noted above to support Komodo v9, this update provides the following changes:
Tag and attribute support for Adobe ColdFusion v11
Numerous updates and fixes to the tag and attribute support for Adobe ColdFusion v10
Switched to cfdocs.org for CFML-specific language help
Includes a small set of CFML-specific macros (look for “CFML Tools” in Komodo’s Toolbox panel) and puts the scaffolding in place for language-specific macros, snippets, abbreviations, etc.
A minor change to the syntax highlighting applied to CFML comments occurring within function calls (very edge-case-ish)
A Note About Installation/Upgrading
With this update, you will notice that the structure of the name of the editor extension file itself has changed. Where in the past, the editor extension file was named cfml-0.2.3-ko.xpi, this version is named komodo-cfml-0.2.4a0-ko.xpi. There are two changes there to note:
The base part of the file name has changed, primarily as part of the reworking of the basic structure of the editor extension for compatibility with Komodo v9; and
I have changed the embedded versioning information for the extension so I have a bit more flexibility in how I keep track of updates and additions to the extension.
With these changes to the name of the editor extension file, you will want to explicitly uninstall whatever version of Komodo-CFML you may currently be using and then install this new version to avoid any sort of potential confusion within Komodo about how CFML files are to be handled.
The updated version of the extension is available for download:
I’m finishing up a bit more testing on Komodo-CFML v0.2.4 based on the recently-dropped Komodo 9 betas released by the ActiveState crew. The beta and the follow-up nightlies have addressed a couple of issues I ran into. I should have v0.2.4 out before year-end.