A couple blog-related updates

I’ve updated to the latest WordPress (released earlier this week) and the latest jQuery. As has been the case to date, the update went flawlessly. This update brings some interesting improvements, mostly within the administrative side of things.

The WordPress crew released an update to the blogging engine this past week, so I’ve updated to their latest version as of this morning. I’d run through the update on my development box at home ahead of actually updating the real blog, so the upgrade itself went flawlessly and took less than 5 minutes. The major changes that appear to be of interest to me are post revisioning, captioning on images, and some significant improvements in its handling of images. Most of the changes are on the administrative side, but a couple of those should make it easier for me to get back to work on getting some of our China pix posted. I’ve also updated to the latest jQuery library under the hood, as well, primarily for the speed improvements and bugfixes incorporated since I first began using it here.

For the curious, you can find more on the update here and here.

Blog traffic stats for June: 124 unique visitors, 329 page views, 227 visits.