Upgraded WordPress

It had been a long time since I had paid any attention to what was going on with the WordPress blogging engine I use, so I wasn’t surprised a week or so ago when I saw that they were up to version 2.3.x. Just based on all the bug fixes present in the latest release, I figured it was time…

Being a bit paranoid about stuff like this, I decided that since I was updating from a version that was at least 18 months old, I ought to do a dry run on the update. That meant getting everything I needed installed, configured, and running on my local box with a backup of both the database and the blog from the server. Over the past week or so, I’ve squeezed enough time here and there for that to happen, as well as giving the stylesheet some much needed attention and cleanup.

As has always been the case for me, the upgrade went flawlessly on both my local version and here on the server. As a result, I’m now running against the latest version of WordPress. Hats off to the WP crew for the usual high quality of what I consider the best balanced blend of simplicity and capability in the blogging world.

Of course, now that I had the new version running, I wanted to upgrade my theme to support tagging… and that took another couple hours since I know just enough PHP to be dangerous. Now I just need to go back and start tagging past posts…